- Participants must follow instructions from any officials, medical attendants and security officers before, after and during the race.
- Participants are expected to behave themselves in a professional and courteous manner during the race.
- Participants will be disqualified if they do not start with the designated race category and at the start time assigned by The Event Organizer. No finisher's medal and certificate will be given.
- Participants will be provided with a race bib, which MUST be worn in front and visible at all times. The race bib may not be exchanged, transferred or sold to any other person. No participant may participate in the race without displaying his/ her race bib.
- Participants must retire from and leave the race immediately if asked/ requested to do so by any officials, medical attendants or security officers.
- For Elite, Corporate Relay and Open Relay, the minimum age requirement is 18 on the race day. For Individual, Tertiary Student Relay and Fun Climb 82, the minimum age requirement is 16 on the race day. For Secondary Student Relay, the age requirement is between 12 and 18 on the race day. For Fun Climb 21, the minimum age requirement is 10 on the race day. Each participant aged under 16 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or above. The Event Organizer reserves the right to verify the age and student’s identity (if applicable) of participants before, after and during the race.
- Participants must ensure they are medically and physically fit to participate in the race.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and may not be deferred toward a future event. The Event Organizer reserves the right to refuse entry to any applicant who provides false information, does not make the necessary payment or fails to meet entry requirements.
- The Event Organizer will not be liable and assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury and/ or casualty for any reasons or matters whatsoever or howsoever arising from the race.
- Entry is on a first-come, first-served basis. The Event Organizer reserves the right to close entries before the deadline without prior notice.
- Public Liability Insurance is covered by The Event Organizer. Participants are advised to take up their own personal or other insurance policies, if so desired.
- The Event Organizer reserves the right to use any photographs and recordings taken during the event, for any purposes, including commercial advertising.
- By submitting his or her entry, each applicant agrees to observe and accept all Official Rules, Terms & Conditions, Release and Declaration of the race in force from time to time introduced by The Event Organizer.
In consideration of your acceptance of my entry to 2018 SHKP Vertical Run for Charity － Race to Hong Kong ICC and any ancillary event or function (collectively 'Race'), I confirm to Sun Hung Kai Properties, International Skyrunning Federation, Sporting Republic and the assisting and/ or relating entities (collectively 'The Event Organizer') as follows:
- I understand that by participating in the Race there are risks of injury, death and/ or loss. I am entering the Race at my own risk and responsibility. I hereby discharge The Event Organizer and any other individual or organization connected directly or indirectly with the Race from any responsibility in the event of injury, death or loss of property incurred during, as consequence of or while travelling to or from the Race.
- I am physically fit and capable of participating in the Race and have not been otherwise advised by a qualified medical practitioner.
- I agree to take a doping test and receive any necessary medical treatment provided by The Event Organizer if required.
- I declare that I will reach the minimum age requirement of my participated category on 2 December 2018 (For participants under the age of 18, parents or guardians must complete a consent form).
- I understand and consent to Sun Hung Kai Properties transferring my personal data to The Event Organizer for the arrangement of the Race.
- I grant permission and consent to The Event Organizer to utilize my personal information, appearance, name and voice, in connection with the Race in any and all media and agree to waive any right of inspection or approval associated thereto for the publicity of 2018 SHKP Vertical Run for Charity － Race to Hong Kong ICC that my appearance and name may be used in the website, video and publication of The Event Organizer related to the Race.
- The Event Organizer of 2018 SHKP Vertical Run for Charity － Race to Hong Kong ICC, collects personal information when you register as a runner. When you register we ask for personal information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, phone numbers, address etc. We safeguard information provided by you. Such personal information will be collected, stored and used for authentication purpose during registration and when you utilize our service. Subject to your prior written consent, The Event Organizer may further use your personal information for direct marketing in relation to sports events and general promotions of sports.
- Subject to receiving your prior written consent, the Race manager Sporting Republic may collect and use your personal information and/ or provide such personal information to another person (namely agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications and computer service to Sporting Republic in connection with the operation of its business) for direct marketing purpose in relation to sports events and general promotions of sports.
Personal Information Collection Statement
This Personal Information Collection Statement sets out the purposes for which the information provided by you as a participant will be used following collection, what you are agreeing to with respect to our use of such information and your rights under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486. This statement may change from time to time, so please check back periodically. Each time participants register and/ or use our services, they agree to be bound by the statement in force at that time.
- Creating accounts for participants who intend to register with the Race and maintaining such accounts;
- Identifying and verifying identity and/ or eligibility of the participants who uses/ used and/ or applies/ applied for the Race;
- Communicating with the participants in respect of matters related to or arising from the Race;
- Providing information related to the Sun Hung Kai Properties Group including the products, facilities, services and other privileges, benefits and other advantages from time to time offered by the Sun Hung Kai Properties Group or service providers to participants and rallying and arranging for the same to be provided (see also Use of Information in Direct Marketing);
- Compiling aggregate statistics about our participants to analyze, evaluate and improve the Race;